If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Do you make grocery lists? Usually – without them I forget things. My husband and I used to be really good about this – we would use a notepad app to keep an up to date checklist of everything we typically keep in our kitchen and then add special things we needed that week to the bottom.
2. Do you have a routine when shopping in your favorite grocery store? Yes, I go in on the produce side and go around the outside of the store, only going in the aisles if there is something on my list I need down there (i.e. trail mix, baking supplies). I tend to forget at least 1 thing on the list and have to backtrack, though.
3. What is your favorite seasoning? This one is probably terrible, but season salts of all types – regular, Old Bay, the Red Robin variety, anything really. Apparently I ❤ sodium.
4. What is the healthiest food in your fridge right now? Probably the produce (carrots, peppers, tomatoes, cherries, blueberries, apples, and peaches) or the Greek yogurt.
5. What is the most unhealthy food in your fridge now? My red velvet cheesecake. Or the buttermilk I bought to put in it, I guess. I’m not sure which is actually less healthy.
6. What is the most exotic produce you’ve ever had? I’m totally not adventurous, so nothing really. Seriously, my parents were shocked when I bought fresh cilantro when they visited.
7. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. This one is super difficult! There are a TON of great local places around here. I don’t actually know if I can pick just one.
- Best food: Alvaro, a family run Italian place within walking distance (maybe I’ll walk down and get some Gelato today…).
- Most frequented: Miso, my favorite sushi place here in PA (for student friends, it compares to Heisei, except you don’t get to sit in the floor, so I still rate Heisei higher for atmosphere).
- Current obsession: Sturges Speakeasy, one of those bars with rotating craft beers on tap that serves pretend fancy slightly overpriced food. For example, one of the times I went, Kris and I had fried calamari and burgers and pulled pork sandwiches, but they still made it seem fancy somehow. It amuses me because it is directly beside the Liquor Control Board building.
8. What kind of pasta do you prefer (regular, whole wheat, etc.?) ALL OF IT. In all seriousness, I usually buy Ronzoni whole wheat penne. I like penne because I hate spinning spaghetti to make it stay on my fork.
9. If you could make one food calorie-free for an entire week, which food would you choose? Pizza. This food in all of its forms still gives me serious trouble after 2 years of lifestyle changes.
10. If you had to choose would you rather give up french fries or chocolate? French fries for sure. I barely eat them anyway. Am I still allowed to eat sliced up potatoes that I sprayed with cooking spray, doused with season salt and pepper, and then baked? That sounds soooo much healthier than french fries, even if I do serve them with ketchup and mustard (I might eat this like 1-2 times a week…)
Now it’s your turn to answer the questions and share so that we can all make new friends 🙂