After a fairly uneventful weekend, I am glad to say that I started the first week of my workout schedule I created for myself for the rest of the fall semester, and it largely a success. Despite some trepidation about going back into the big kids’s weight room to use the squat rack and then accidentally doing 3 sets of 10 squats instead of 2 sets of 15 squats, it went fine. In fact, it went much better than my first day 1 attempt at lifting, where I was slow confused and slow and half-assing my workout that I didn’t even think it was a real workout. Today I was sweating, especially after all of those squats! Anyway, I hadn’t done a Friend Makin’ Monday in awhile, so I thought I’d participate again 🙂
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. If you had something in your teeth would you want someone to tell you, or would you prefer to figure it out on your own? Oh man I would really really want them to tell me. I don’t know why some people think it is more embarrassing for one person to notice and tell you than for everyone to notice and not tell you and then like, laugh about it later.
2. If you had to listen to one song on repeat all day today, which song would you choose? Oh dear, I’m so bad at music and pop culture and stuff I don’t really know. Possibly “3rd Planet” by Modest Mouse?
3. If you could trade places with someone famous, with whom would you trade? Again, bad at pop culture. Do politicians count? Also, can I pick time period. Like, can I be Hillary Clinton, but only while she was Secretary of State and not during her husband’s presidency?
4. If you could speak another language fluently, which one would you speak? Probably Spanish because it would be most useful.
5. If you could read one person’s mind right now whose would you choose? I’m going to cheat and choose a non-person: Belle (my dog). I hate that she suffers so much from anxiety and that I can’t understand what exactly is wrong so that I can help her.
6. If you were forced to go back in time, which period of your life would you choose? Well, if I had to go back there, I would want it to be something good. The problem with a question like this is that you think certain parts of your life were more appealing until you really think about them. Like, I was going to say back when I first started dating Kris, but I had no free time, no freedom (lived at home) and no money. Then, if I picked when we first moved out, I had more freedom, but still no money. All of the other times are when I was a kid or in grad school, so just no. I guess I’ll go with the first option – when I first started dating Kris, so I can enjoy being 18 and all of the fun things we did that summer again.
7. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose? Parks and Rec. Remember: it is already basically my life. No, really. I’m a politics-obsessed feminist lady who lives in Indiana and I’m married to a nerdy guy who does data crunching for the government and wears plaid shirts and skinny ties everyday. I’m not sure I’d notice the difference, to be honest. I guess all my friends would be funnier?
8. If you had to give up twitter or Facebook, which would you choose? Hasn’t this been a question before? I’d give up Twitter because I barely use it anywa.
9. If you could have a present today, what would you want? How can I choose just one? I guess a plane ticket to go see Kris 🙂
10. If you had to choose between celebrating Halloween or Christmas, which would you choose? THIS QUESTION IS TOO HARD. Seriously, these are like, the best two holidays. I know Christmas is supposed to be more important and all, but Halloween was like the most important holiday in my household growing up. Kids get scared to come to our house! I guess I’d still say Christmas, though, because I like giving presents and spending time with family and the food is better (pumpkin Reeses < Grandma’s homemade turtles and fudge).
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!