I learned my lesson in regards to neglecting the blog…go away for a couple of days, and miss its first birthday, which was apparently February 25. Oops! To be fair, I did say in the first post that I am not very good at keeping up with blogs.
I thought in honor of the blog’s first birthday, I’d share some interesting and/or amusing stats with you as well as reflect a bit on how I have changed over the last year.
- Total views: 12,134
- Top day for views: June 18, 2013 with 2,217 views (linked from runsforcookies.com Motivational Monday post)
- Top 5 countries for views: USA, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, and the UK
- Most viewed post: Race Report: Double Creek Half Marathon with 1,268 views
Some noteworthy searches that brought people here:
- “homemade running fuel” is the top thing that brings people beyond the blog’s actual name, which I find interesting because I’ve only talked about possibly using it, not made my own or anything.
- Runners up: “tempo run 2” and “I ran a half marathon now what.” The second one makes sense; the first one would make sense, but why the “2,” and why have more people searched for “tempo run 2” than “tempo run” and found this blog
- Strangest searches that have led to this blog: “there were two girls want to shovel our driveway but i am hesitant to let them” and “sheetz belles cocker spaniel,”
- Favorite bad grammar search: “why arnt there no pigs at pa farm show 2014”
Looking back at my early posts to reflect was interesting. It seems like last year at this time I was struggling with some of the same things, like working out despite the weather. I was also doing better at certain things, like planning ahead for days where I might overeat during the week.
I would like to note that I have changed a lot in terms of fitness and maintenance in the last year. I think I weigh about 5 lbs more, but I am way stronger and have made other huge fitness accomplishments, like finishing 2 half marathons. I’ve also faced some major fears – last year I was scared to run my first 5K and I was terrified of treadmills. – but now I’ve run several races and I wish I had a treadmill or a gym membership so that I didn’t have to go out in the cold!
I’ll end with an update on Misty the cat: she went to the vet yesterday and received a clean bill of health! She traveled well in the car, but did not like it very much when either the vet or I touched her tummy and scratched us both. Hopefully I did not have the most embarrassing animal of the day yesterday!
Oh, and fun story about the carrier: I forgot to buy one when I was at Walmart (or they possibly didn’t have one?) so I was running around everywhere trying to find one. I couldn’t find one at any of the stores I went to, so I finally relented and went to PetSmartCo (not sure which one) like 10 minutes before they closed. I luckily found a pretty nice one on clearance…but then their computer system crashed. I felt super bad because I had to keep everyone like 10 minutes after close to buy the damn thing. Then, the second I offered to buy a temporary cardboard one and leave them cash for it (I only had like $9 on me) the system came back up! At least I got a lot of compliments on how nice her carrier was at the vet.